This week’s writing lessons will require students to write a Daily Dash. A Daily Dash involves students writing a short piece of writing in a set time frame. Students are also given a simple prompt to inspire their writing. The time frame for these lessons will be 15 minutes.
Learning Goal: I can write a short piece of writing from a prompt within a set time frame.
Today’s Daily Dash Topic:
The cleverest thing I ever did was … because …
Before you start
- Think carefully about what is important to you
- Decide how you feel about the topic
- Write down key words
- Think about main ideas/paragraphs
- Think of sentences in your mind before writing.
When you’ve finished (after the 15 minutes of writing), check
- Use of strong verbs and adjectives
- Does it make sense?