Homework this week is due on Friday 14th February.
- Please handwrite the 100-word challenge (prompt below). Remember to write neatly, use punctuation and check your spelling.…as it flew towards us I couldn’t see what it was …Things to think about:
- What is it?
- Is it dangerous?
- What do you think it is?
- What will this mean?
- Read 4 nights for the week. Make sure you record the title of book, pages read and time spent reading.
- Diary needs to be signed by parent or carer at least once this week.
- Revision of skip counting (multiplication facts). This can be done in your book, using flash cards, making a poster, revising with a parent or sibling or using the link below.Times tables https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Whatever you choose, please record in your homework book or diary and ask your parent or carer to sign.
- Writer’s notebook to be completed-Front Cover.
Being a leader of the Moonee Ponds Primary Green Team provides an opportunity for students to practice leadership skills that they will be able to make use of in their time in Secondary School and into their adult life. It provides a chance for students to give back to the school community that has supported them for many years, an opportunity to care for and lead younger students, and a way to make meaningful change to the way people take care of our planet, dealing with an important challenge facing our global community.
Students who wish to take up this opportunity are asked to write a brief application indicating their commitment to these aspects of the role.
Your application should be no more than 1 page long and should include the following:
- A brief (1 sentence) introduction of you- your name, what class you are in, and anything else you might want to mention (when you arrived at MPPS/ your siblings etc.)
- A paragraph explaining your passion and commitment to the environment. This can include any experiences you have had helping keeping places free of rubbish, taking care of animals, gardens or other natural environments, saving water or energy in your home, our school or in your community. You may also include how you feel about the environment, and how your hopes and dreams for your future include caring for the environment-try to be as specific as you can.
- A paragraph explaining your leadership skills. Give examples of times where you have led others to achieve a goal-this can include working with your peers, adults and those younger than you, as all of these will be important. Try to describe the skills you needed, for example, empathy, communication, organisation, patience, compromise etc.
- A paragraph explaining your excellent organisation and work habits. The Green team leaders will have lots to do and will need to spend at least 1 lunch time per week working together on improving our school’s environment. Give examples of ways you organise your life, you organise your school work as well as other times you have worked hard in an organised way.
If possible, email your application to Ant at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday. Email is better than paper as it helps save waste, but I will certainly accept written applications if email is hard for you in any way.
Looking forward to an amazing and green 2020,
Homework for this week.
Reading for 4 nights, record length of time read and pages you have read in your diary.
2. Maths: Hotmaths task Place Value revision
3. Debates / Speeches
4. 100 Word Challenge to be posted on your blog.
5. Diaries MUST be signed
This week your homework task is to write a letter or poem to your parents, which will be presented to them on Monday the 16th of December (Graduation Night). This draft must be completed in your homework book by this Friday (29/11/2019).
If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? Write a detailed paragraph in your homework book.
ALL – Maths
Find a picture in a magazine/newspaper or photo of tesselation
tell me what shapes are tesselated are they translated, reflected or rotated?
ALL – Reading;
Literature Circles tasks
if your group is finished, write a character profile;
Physical appearance; _____________________
How I feel about this character and why; _______
Post a comment down below with 5 things about you.
We are going to try and guess who you are (don’t make it too easy or too hard).
- Make sure you AREN’T logged on (normally when you comment, you should ALWAYS log on- your comments will be deleted by the teacher otherwise)
- Fill in the name with a name that won’t give away who you are (e.g. ‘someone123’)
- Put in a fake email address or ‘someone @something.com’
- DON’T put in a website
- Write a comment that says 5 things about you – which are real.
- Fill in the antispam word
- Submit comment
- Now login
- Keep refreshing your page and the comments will start appearing- as they do, write a list and see if you can guess who each person is. You can post your guesses as a reply to the comment if you like.
Please complete all tasks;
1. Reading – 4 nights recorder in your Diary and signed by a guardian.
2. Lit Circles roles to be completed by Thursday, best work! PLEASE HAVE YOUR LIT.CIRCLES BOOKS ON THAT DAY
4. Classmasters Speeches for debates.
Reading 4 nights, diary signed,
Literature Circle Homework.
Hotmath task- Data
Final copy of speeches due. Printed copy required by Friday.
This week’s Homework:
Grade 5 – School Captain speech must be completed, teachers require a printed version of the speech (refer to note)
Grade 6 – Valedictory speech must be completed, teachers require a printed version of the speech.
2) Class masters – Due on Monday 28/10/2019
This week’s debate topic is – The driving age should be lowered to 16.
4) Maths; source a graph to take to school, it must be glued in your homework book.
Finally http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/writing-your-valedictorian-speech.html has general tips for Valedictory Speeches including how to begin writing it, getting feedback and involving your peers.
For an example of a recent speech given at an MPPS graduation check out http://grace2012.global2.vic.edu.au/
The homework for this week is;
- Reading for twenty minutes each night, recording the page numbers and time of reading in your diary.
- Challenge yourself with 4 maths problems to complete in your homework book;
a) Draw a number line and place the following fraction in the correct order.
1/2, 1/10, 1/5, 3/4, 1 1/4
b) 2/4 + 1/2=
c) 3/6- 1/2=
d) 3 1/4+ 1 1/8=
e) 1/4 x 3/12=
f) 5 ÷ 1/2=
100 Word Challenge – Refer to the Website to be posted on your blog