Domestic Dominators by Maya, Alana and Phoebe

To start, I think the purpose was to enjoy and collaborate in a group experience, whilst also learning some skills of podcasting/documenting/reporting along the way. I think this is critical to our future to our future development skills, (when the world is all computers, aha) which is key and important to our learning here at school, further proving this task had a purpose at all.

I think the recording went well, with minor bloopers of page turning, distraction in the middle, and just saying things off-plan and mucking up, but that only happened in minor amounts, so I believe generally the whole thing was fairly smooth. The sound effects were easy to implement, and it could of been even easier if we had better time management, and more time in general.

I think the challenge was having to implement so much stuff, and following the script word-to-word, which also meant trying to sound natural, without talking too much as if we were reading it off- well, a script..- It was also difficult to try and incorporate all of the teams ideas into one, when only one person can be on the Audacity document at a time or otherwise it glitches, which means one person is under the pressure of having to do all the work whilst the others just keep piling on the effort.

I think we all learned fundamental skills of how to record, edit, and incorporate our ideas into an actual thing. It had it’s challenges, but we learned along the way how to overcome them, and generally I think the Domestic Dominators may still stand as a proper podcast, out of school, but that’s if the whole team wishes to put in the effort. Or we might just take it as extra homework. You never know. We also learned how easy it really was, and how our normal current-day skills helped us alon​g the way. And finally, we all learned how much we want cats to take over the world.