Welcome to our new updated global2 blog

As well as providing a range of resources and guides the main role of this site is to direct you to our student’s individual writing blogs. You can find links to them in the blogroll on the right hand side of this page.
web-browser
The purposes of their blogs are: to allow students the chance to practice writing, share their writing with a larger audience and to receive feedback from not only their teacher and fellow students but from family and friends as well.

A major role of the blogs to give our class opportunities to think and respond to other writers. They’ll have the chance to reflect on postings of others and respond to critical analyses of their own work.

For detailed lists of the benifits of blogging in the classroom go to Kathleen Morris’ reasons to blog reflection,  Anne Mirstchin’s 20 reasons why students should blog and for a student’s point of view try this link.

Please leave a comment after you read our student’s entries.

It’s easy to do. Go to the posting you want to respond to and click on the word comment. Scroll down until you find the “Leave a response” box. Enter your name (please avoid using your surname), email, comment, anti spam code and press “submit comment”.
All comments are sent to classroom teachers via email for approval prior to appearing on the blog.

We look forward to your encouraging and constructive comments.

Readers Comments (2)

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris March 9, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

Hi Lee,
    Thanks for the mention in the post! I think the reasons you’ve identified for having the blog are great ones.
    Even after having my new Grade Twos for 5 weeks I have seen big improvements with their literacy skills through daily blogging. I just love it!
    Good luck!
    Kathleen Morris

2. I think this blog is amazing. I love the way that blogs connect people. If you are interested you could see my blog at http://www.6lbcdkg.global2.vic.edu.au
    Keep up the blogging!
    FireKing8