To post a response to a 100 word challenge prompt, visit the site here:
100 word challenge (you may as well bookmark it!)
- Scroll down to the Latest Prompt
- Scroll down further to “continue reading’ Link and click on it
- Open your own blog and log in
- Choose “+New Post” from the menu at the top of the page
- Name it 100wc and the date and the number of the prompt
- Copy the prompt picture or words from the 100 word challenge into your blog entry- “This week’s prompt is:”
- Set yourself a goal at the top (e.g: “This week I am hoping to use more adjectives/ try figurative language/narrate my dialogue/ use third person perspective/ try non-fiction writing….)
- Respond to the prompt using between 95-105 words if possible
- Experiment with style and genre- use it as an opportunity to practise something new.
- Focus on paragraph structure, sentence structure, and word choice.
- Always go back and check spelling and punctuation.
- Show to a parent – Parents should to see it makes sense and share with you what they like about your piece (they can add a comment to show they have done so)
- Publish on your blog
- Copy the blog post page (e.g http://alexia2016.global2.vic.edu.au/2018/11/14/100wc-bricks-gorilla-yellow-running-pretty/)
- Go back to the 100 word challenge latest post page- scroll down to where it says: ” Sorry, you need to log in to enter the 100 Word Challenge. Login at https://100wc.net/wp-login.phpor sign up at https://100wc.net/signup-2015/.” Click on the first link to login- use our 5-6 login: libbysclass with the password libbysclass
- Scroll down and enter your details. where it asks for the blog post link paste in the link you copied earlier
- An extra option is to use Audacity to record your completed post and add this mp3 file to your post.