Dear Carers and Educators,
Below you will find links to various websites which focus on delivering studying resources at home. Click on links or title to open website. Please check these resources before allowing students to access. Before using the links below please discuss with your children.
- Story Box Library is a subscription based educational website, created for children to view stories by local authors and illustrators, being read aloud by fantastic, predominantly Australian and New Zealand, storytellers. You can log in with our School membership details.
- Watch astronauts on the Space Station read children’s books at Storytime from Space.
- Find Experiments for home and school use.
- FUSE is a Victorian government site providing resources for learning and fun. Explore featured resources, discover topics and get creative with digital tools.
- Museum of Victoria – Home Learning: Curriculum-aligned education activities for school students.
- Kinderling Radio-a selection of various read aloud stories read by authors.
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read Alouds and Activities. A list of over 50 virtual author readings and activities for primary school kids.
- Storyline Online: A children’s literacy website which provides free Stream videos of authors reading children’s books with illustrations.
- Moonee Valley Library Service digital story times and resources for kids.
More Rad Resources
- Gruffalo World is the official YouTube channel for all things Gruffalo! Featuring exclusive clips and activity films created especially for children.
- StorylineOnline is a YouTube channel where celebrities read stories that your children will love.
- Check out the World Book Day Masterclasses for videos and resources by your favourite authors like Jeff Kinney and Lauren Child.
- Welcome to the official Roald Dahl website, where you’ll find fun activities, recipes and games.
- Tashi books lend themselves to an enjoyable storytelling session in the library, but you can also extend your storytelling into a few hours’ or a whole day’s study and discussion.
- Reach out and Read. We encourage healthy growth and early literacy for millions of children. E.books and links to online resources for children of all ages.
- Bookfinder: Looking for your child’s next favourite read? You’ve come to the right place. Our Bookfinder will help you discover the very best kids’ books: magical mysteries, astonishing adventures and fantastic non-fiction. Enjoy!
- We’re bananas about books at Kids’ Book Review – and our list of reviews continues to grow rapidly, from board books to YA fiction. We have several thousand reviews on this site, with more added daily.
- One More Page is a podcast for lovers of kids’ books, packed full of interviews, stories and book reviews.
Happy reading! Yvette