Learning Goal: I can collect, represent, and interpret data.
First watch the video below to see the instructions for today’s lesson.
You will need:
- A bucket, tub or box.
- A ball, or a rolled-up pair of socks.
- Your math’s book
- A pencil
- Stand next to your bucket and take 4 large steps back.
- Mark where you are standing with an object.
- Have 10 attempts to throw your ball or socks into the bucket.
- Tally how many went in.
Then, repeat these instructions
- 5 steps back from your bucket
- 6 steps back from your bucket
- 7 steps back from your bucket
- 8 steps back from your bucket
Finally, look at your tally for each turn. Write down what you notice about your results.
Don’t forget to tally correctly.
Challenge: ask a family member to have a go and tally their results too.
Work sample to upload to OneNote: your tally and what you noticed.