Learning Goal: I can make a toy camera.
Last Monday was Toy Camera Day. Today you will get to make your own toy camera.
First, you will need some of the following:
- Cardboard tube
- Bottle top, plastic lid of a spray can
- Small box (for example a mini cereal box)
- Plastic wrap, coloured paper or cardboard
- Cut a 2-inch section from a cardboard tube and glue it to the center of the box to make a camera lens.
- Decorate the camera and camera lens.
- Cut a small rectangular hole above the lens on the front of the box. Then cut out a rectangular hole in the same spot on the back of the box to create a viewfinder.
- Tape clear plastic wrap over the two holes to cover.
- On the sides of the box, glue the ends of a ribbon long enough to use as a shoulder strap.
Finally, these instructions will help you create the simple camera in the picture above. Use your imagination and come up with your own design. Below are some images you could use as inspirations.
Don’t forget to share your picture with your teacher via OneNote.