First… Scan the text and make some predictions. Discuss these in your groups explaining your predictions.
Next… After we have made and shared our predictions it is time to read and see what we find out!
In your group, try out different ways of reading the text.
Click this link to download the text: Brain Text- Reciprocal Steps
You might try…
- Each person reads silently to themselves
- Read quietly with a partner in your group
- Taking turns to read out loud to the group
- Choral reading all together
Then… Discuss each of these ways to read the text.
- What was helpful? Why?
- What were the challenges? Why?
- Which do you think was the most effective way to read, that allowed all group members to be able to read and understand the text?