LG: I can write a concrete poem.
First, choose an object to be the subject for your poem.
(It could be your favourite hobby, your favourite animal, food, sport, person or thing)
Then, draw a simple outline of its shape in your exercise book.
I chose a book.
Next, use the prompts below to come up with ideas for your concrete poem try and be as descriptive as possible.
- Why did you choose this object?
- How does this object make you feel?
- Why does it make you feel this way?
- What does this object look like?
- What does this object smell/taste like?
- What does it feel like?
Then, highlight or underline all the important words in your sentences.
Finally, write the highlighted words on the outline of the shape you previously drew.
After the lesson, do 20 minutes of touch typing.